Wednesday, December 29, 2010

First Bike Ride

Today was my first workout/ride on my bike trainer.  I was surprised by how my legs felt after I got off the bike, they were a little wobbly.  My thought as I was walking up the stairs, "I'm looking forward to my first brick workout".

Here is what my setup currently looks like:



I decided to stick with my current Mountain Bike, a 2005 Gary Fisher Tassajara. I was originally looking for an aero bike but after talking it over with my wife and reading Your First Triathlon by Joe Friel, I decided to stick with my Gary Fisher.  It doesn't help that my wife and I are big Dave Ramsey fans so logic and my budget prevailed. 

In case you are new to all of this like me, the red tire on the back is a Zaffiro Pro Home Trainer tire. It turns out that the friction caused by your bike tire rubbing against the trainer can shred it (your tire) so whether you are using a road, mountain or other type of bike you should get a trainer tire.

I'll seriously look at an aero bike once I'm finished my first Triathlon.  Here are some of the bikes I've been looking at: Cervelo S2Felt AR5FUJI SSTKestrel Talon RoadTrek Madone 5.1, and Specialized Tarmac Comp Rival.

No comments:

Post a Comment